Chiropractic office billing software has become a mission-critical component to chiropractic office profitability and post-payment audit risk management. Practice management systems automate most of the clinic’s surgery activities, starting with patient check-in, editing SOAP notes, creating insurance claims, and medical billing.
Unfortunately, the high level of computer literacy required by the prohibitively complex chiropractic office management solutions often hinders the physician’s ability to use such solutions correctly, especially for compliant visit documentation and billing. Instead of increasing office productivity and efficiency, technology becomes an additional obstacle and impediment to profitability. The user’s high cost and training difficulties exacerbate the injury and frustrate even experienced and experienced exercise owners.
Since insufficient notes are the most common reason for a post-payment insurance audit failure, timely submission of compliant SOAP notes and the submission of congruent insurance claims are the most critical parts of any practice management automation solution. But SOAP notes and insurance billing are also the most complex parts of such solutions, often confusing physicians and assistants and lowering practice profitability. The ability to manage conforming notes in minimal time without slowing patient flow is especially important in a high volume practice environment.
Component-driven SOAP notes are both audit-proof compliant and require minimal time spent on visit documentation. Chiropractors using Vericle’s SOAP notes receive a two-part training video. The first video teaches chiropractors to take SOAP notes during the first visit and the second – during subsequent visits. The training video follows an overview in four steps:
- System menu selection to access patient SOAP notes from Appointment Scheduler
- Date and doctor selection
- Component-driven story creation for accelerated and conformal editing:
- Patient has Subjective complaints
- Objective tests show problems that support the patient’s complaints
- Activities and daily life of patients suffer from the same complaints, which are confirmed by objective tests
- Show diagnosis Rating isolate the problem for treatment
- Advanced Plan shows specific actions with measurable improvement goals, including start time, treatment duration, and expected benefit.
- Documentation for next visit – select existing SOAP note components for change:
- Few individual notes can be the same or even have an occasional exacerbation
- Overall, the series of notes shows a trend of improvement in Subjective Complaints, Objective Tests and ADLs
- Assessment and plan often remain the same until re-examination
Chiropractors using the Vericle System can access the training video directly from any screen on the system using a dedicated Wiki (Web Shared Knowledge Store). The combination of Wiki with video technology solves many of the difficult training problems faced by owners and managers of chiropractic offices for compliant visit documentation and billing. Such a combined training solution amplifies the benefits of individual training video with Wiki’s ability to reach any chiropractic office, share real-world expert experiences, and help practice owners and managers stay smart at their pace and on only the content they need. they need to know. The “on-demand” nature of an integrated solution allows physicians to learn from experts where and when it is most convenient.